Basic Illustrated Edible Wild Plants and Useful Herbs
For a generation, the Basic Illustrated series has been as much a part of the outdoors experience as backpacks and hiking boots. Information-packed tools for the novice or handy references for the veteran, these volumes distill years of knowledge into affordable and portable books. Whether you’re planning a trip or thumbing for facts in the field, Basic Illustrated books tell you what you need to know.
You'll discover how to identify and gather more than 100 of the most nutritious wild plants and useful herbs in the contiguous United States, prepare delicious recipes using your wild harvest, determine the identity of poisonous plants and poisonous look-alikes, and take charge of your personal health by making wild plants and herbs a part of your diet.
Learn how to:
- Forage for wild plants and herbs and identify edible berries
- Treat a variety of ailments and illnesses, from colds to heart disease and more
- Distinguish between edible and non-edible parts of plants
- Moderate your intake of certain plants and herbs to avoid physical illness
- Make delicious desserts, herbal teas, and other healthy recipes